Adopt-A-Stream volunteers collect data about local waterways (streams, ponds, lakes, and wetlands) and wildlife habitats.
- Bacteria data collection (E. coli counts)
- Chemical data collection (water and air temperature, pH, dissolved oxygen, conductivity)
- Frog and toad data collection (vocalizations)
- Macroinvertebrate data collection (identification and counts of aquatic insects, crustaceans, mollusks, worms)
- Visual data collection (stream habitat survey, stream flow, stream channel cross-section)
Free training and resources are offered on an ongoing basis. Check our calendar for details on upcoming events.