The Georgia Children’s Water Festival committee organizes this event for 4th-grade students about the importance of protecting and conserving our water resources. Activities focus on: drinking water, water quality, watersheds, wildlife habitat, and pollution prevention.
Originally started as a way to celebrate Georgia Drinking Water Week, our Wonder of Water festival has turned into an annual partnership between metro Atlanta’s local water utilities. Each partner invites a school from their area and arranges for activities and speakers to share their water wisdom with the students.
The event continues to be held during Drinking Water Week, on the first Tuesday in May of each year. In addition to the local governments, National Park Service hosts the event at the Paces Mill Unit of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, the Metro N. GA Water Planning District assists with school transportation funding, and Georgia Association of Water Professionals provides help with funding for event supplies.
- Kim Davis - City of Atlanta
- Kim Holland - City of Marietta
- Vicki Culbreth - City of Roswell
- Jennifer McCoy - Cobb County
- Sharon Smith - Fulton County
- John Butler - Gwinnett County
- Kostoula Vallianos - Metro N. GA Water Planning District
- John Huth, Jerry Hightower & Ardrianna McLane- National Park Service