Pitner Road Dog Park
2450 Pitner Road
The Pitner Road Dog Park is comprised of two adjoining but separately-fenced play areas for off-leash dogs with approximately 2 acres of space for larger and one acre of space for smaller dogs. The dog lots have both open-space and shady, wooded areas with benched seating for dog owners. Each area has dog water fountains and “poop-mit” stations providing bags for owners to pick up after their pets. A gravel access road and parking lot with 50 parking spaces.
A combination picnic shelter and restroom building (presently with four picnic tables) sits on a rise and overlooks the playground and dog lots. A multi-function playground for children ages 2 to 12 is between the picnic shelter and the dog lots and can be easily seen from the seating areas of both locations.
For information, contact the Western District Zone office at (770) 528-8890.
Sweat Mountain Park
4346 Steinhauer Road
For information, contact the Eastern District Zone office at (770) 591-3160.
Cobb County's first off-leash dog park officially opened on October 21, 2006. The dog park is located inside Sweat Mountain Park. There is an area for large dogs and an area for smaller dogs weighing 30 lbs. or less. The park has benches conveniently located for the dog owners to sit and enjoy watching their pets play
Park Hours - Open daily dawn until dusk
Closed each Wednesday morning for maintenance
Named Best Dog Park in Summer by Atlanta Magazine
"One of the largest public parks in the metro area, Sweat Mountain is almost all shade, making this the perfect place for dogs in the summer-time - especially if they are easily overheated or especially furry."
Atlanta Magazine - June 2007
Rules and Regulations
1. Dog owner/handler is legally and financially responsible for the actions of their dog.
2. Park users and dog owners assume all risks related to dog park usage.
3. Children under the age of twelve (12) are not allowed inside the off-leash area, unless accompanied by an adult.
4. Parents should refrain from bringing toddlers and small children to the dog park. At no time will children be allowed to run with or chase after dogs in the park.
5. Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated with tags displayed on the collar.
6. Limit of three (3) dogs per person per visit.
7. Dogs must be kept on a leash until inside the double-gated entry area. Enter the first gate with the leash on and remove it prior to entering the second gate. Do the reverse when leaving.
8. The following dogs are not allowed in the park:
- Vicious, dangerous or aggressive dogs
- Sick dogs
- Dogs in heat
- Puppies under six (6) months of age
9. Dogs must be under voice control and in sight of owner/handler at all times and the owner/handler must have a leash in their possession at all times.
10. Owners/handlers must immediately clean up and properly dispose of waste left by their dogs and must cover any holes dug by their dogs.
11. No food, drinks, cigarettes, or treats are allowed in the off-leash area.
12. All bites are to be reported. If a bite occurs, you must exchange your name and phone number with the other owner/handler. Call the Parks Eastern Zone office at (770) 591-3160.
13. Only dogs less than 30 pounds are allowed in the small dog area.