Picnic pavilions are available in many of the parks. As a service to the citizens of Cobb County, these are available for reservations free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis. There are restrictions on the type of events for which the picnic pavilions may be utilized. Please call the applicable park district office for reservations and information.
|Eastern District Parks||(770) 528-8839||Administration|
|Central District Parks||(770) 528-8890||Diane Collett|
|Western District Parks||(770) 528-8890||Diane Collett|
|Wild Horse Creek Water Park Pavilions||(770) 222-6700||Contact West Cobb Aquatic Center for info|
|Eastern District Parks||Central District Parks||Western District Parks|
|Skip Wells Park (formerly Bells Ferry Park)
East Cobb Park
Noonday Creek Park
Sweat Mountain Park
Terrell Mill Park
|Fair Oaks Park
Hurt Road Park
Perry Parham Park
Lost Mountain Park
Powder Springs Park
Wild Horse Creek Park*
(*contact West Cobb Aquatic Center for info on the water park at Wild Horse Creek (770-222-6700)
Cobb County Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department developed the following procedures and regulations in order to provide picnic pavilion reservations at no charge to the citizens of Cobb County. Compliance insures a safe and enjoyable experience while using the picnic pavilions in our community parks. For questions or more information, please call the district office for the park in which you are interested. Not all pavilions are A.D.A. accessible – we suggest you visit the park pavilion before making a reservation.
- Under “NO” circumstances, shall any item be placed on any athletic field without prior written approval from the parks department.
- By Cobb County ordinance, absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed to be served, consumed, or possessed in a county park.
- You may not charge for use of this facility, nor may you charge an admission for an event held at this facility.
- Absolutely no flyers, brochures, or literature of any kind may be distributed without prior written permission from the director of the department. Written authorization must be produced upon request at any time during your event.
- Absolutely no signage of any kind may be erected. This includes political campaign signs or directional signs.
- Please assure that all music and other noise are kept to a minimal level. No sounds may be amplified, such as speakers, microphones, etc., Portable radios are allowed.
- Please leave the facility in as good or better condition than you found it.
- The specific pavilion you have requested may not be available due to: 1) a previous reservation; 2) it's location/primary designated purpose or, 3) it's inappropriateness for your event because of size, amenities, or staff's ability to support your needs.
- A reservation assures you exclusive use of the pavilion during your reserved time frame. Parks staff will endeavor to clean all facilities. However, general public may use the pavilion immediately prior to your scheduled time. Our current resources do not allow for a crew to visit each pavilion immediately before each scheduled use - to provide this service we would have to charge a fee for each pavilion use.
- Therefore, please plan to arrive a few minutes early to insure that the pavilion is ready for your use.
- Any tent erected may require inspection by the Cobb County Fire Department and/or County Inspection Department. Any cooking under a tent requires fire inspection. Any public occupancy requires code inspection.
- Cobb County has a leash law in effect at all parks. No animals are allowed on playing fields.
- No golfing on athletic fields.
- Pavilion reservations will be “held” for 3 business days. After 3 days, your reservation will be canceled if contract is not returned.
- If you are contracting with a vendor to provide equipment such as an inflatable “Moon Walk”, slide, train ride or any other item to be used during your event, you must contact the vendor and provide our department with a copy of the current liability insurance policy.
- Parking is limited in many parks. For larger gatherings of 50 or more, please carpool if possible.
- Extra grills are allowed but cannot be placed under the pavilion.
State and local laws will be strictly enforced.