Household Hazardous Waste
Return to Discover
• Look at the labels of the products you purchase. Is there a less hazardous alternative?
• Don’t purchase in bulk. While cheaper, you’ll have to store a hazardous chemical in your home.
• If you have something to be disposed of, check Earth911.com for assistance.
• Be aware of “greenwashing” - the act of misleading consumers regarding the environmental practices of a company or the environmental benefits of a product or service.
• A Healthy Environment Starts At Home: A Guide to Reducing Our Use of Hazardous Products
• Local Disposal Options:
• Storage and Disposal of Household Pesticides
• Information on Green Washing: