The Risk Management Division, operating under direction of the Finance Director/Comptroller, serves the needs of the Board of Commissioners, County Manager, other County Departments and the general public.
Risk Management is responsible for:
- Risk identification through the means of inspecting, observing and analyzing the operations of each department throughout the county
- Risk measurement and analysis of the potential exposure of the risk
- Risk financing through means of establishing adequate claims funding, purchasing insurance and retention
- Risk control through a comprehensive safety program, safety exposure and proper maintenance in handling risk
- Budgeting for claims, safety, and insurance costs and allocating the claims cost by department
Risk Management Documents
Below are documents detailing risk management controls for Cobb County Government employees.