- First Enterprise Zone established in the State of Georgia under HB 663
- Established in Cobb County in February of 1998.
- These Zones have generated approximately $57 million investment in the County and resulted in the creation of approximately 475 new jobs with a payroll approaching $20 million.
The following is a brief summary of the companies who have applied and been granted Enterprise Zone incentives:
- Vieler International, small German manufacturing company, new 12,000 square foot facility.
- Yancey Brothers, large wholesaler of earth moving equipment with corporate headquarters in Cobb County, building two 25,000 square foot facilities.
- Twinstar Properties, Inc., a joint venture that will result in the construction of two 10,000 square foot buildings, approximately 5,000 square feet to be occupied by General Glass Company, the remaining space will be leased to other businesses.
- Kyla, Inc. and Three Lees, LLC is a contract mail carrier for the U. S. Postal Service, currently has 120 employees, and will create an additional 50 new full-time jobs with anticipated payroll of approximately $1.5 million.
- Deli Provision Company, Inc. and Epperson Investment Company, a joint venture, will result in the construction of a 54,600 square foot facility owned by Epperson Investment Company. Approximately 16,000 square feet of space will be leased to Deli Provision Company, Inc., with the remaining 38,600 leased to future tenants.
- Atlanta Records Management, which provides record management services, currently has 17 employees and projects sales of approximately $2 million for 2001.