(a) Animal exhibitions will be permitted provided that the exhibitor:
- (1) Has all valid licenses and permits that are required by the state, county or city available for inspection on demand;
- (2) Abides by all federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules and guidelines that apply to such exhibits;
- (3) Does not exhibit any animal that is ill or injured;
- (4) Has a licensed veterinarian either present or on call to attend to any injured/ill animal;
- (5) Confines/controls all animals to protect the public and the animals from harm; and
- (6) Ensures that all animals are treated in accordance with this chapter.
(b) Legal exhibitions include but are not limited to petting zoos, circuses, dog shows, individuals or groups displaying/marketing animals for adoption or sale, etc., unless otherwise prohibited in this chapter. Animals that are high-risk carriers of rabies such as foxes, raccoons, and skunks shall not be exhibited in petting zoos or any exhibition where they can come in contact with people.
(c) Exhibitions of animals for illegal purposes as stated in local ordinances, this chapter, state and federal laws are strictly prohibited.
(d) No person shall in any manner or for any reason encourage, instigate, promote, assist, exhibit, organize, sponsor, host or participate in an exhibition/demonstration of the following types of animals including but not limited to those animals that are:
- (1) Used or potentially used for fighting or training for fighting;
- (2) Game animals;
- (3) Bred with the intent to fight;
- (4) Aggressive animals.
(Ord. of 5-24-05)