- Use 9-1-1 for the dispatch of Police, Fire and EMS
- Teach your children how to use 9-1-1 wisely in case of an emergency
- Use payphones in an emergency and call 9-1-1 (call is free)
- Don't call 9-1-1 when the power goes off or the weather is threatening. Call your utility company, and monitor television and radio for weather information.
- Don't call 9-1-1 to see how much a traffic ticket is or to check to see if someone is in jail
- Don't call 9-1-1 for directions
- Don't call 9-1-1 if your cat is stuck in a tree, Call Animal Control