Lateral Entry Salary:
Applicants may be eligible for up to 10% increase based on years of experience (subject to program requirements)
$40,014.18- After 18 months probationary period, salary increases by 5%
Additional 5% Differential Pay for certified paramedics after completion of recruit school
Eligible for health and dental coverage, retirement plan, life insurance, long term disability insurance, and deferred compensation.
Paid Vacation Leave
13 days per year / 1 year of service
15 days per year / 5 years of service
20 days per year / 10 years of service
22 days per year / 15 years of service
25 days per year / 20 years of service
10 paid holidays per year
Paid Sick Leave
Accumulates at 4.0 hours per biweekly
Paid Military Leave
Up to 18 days per year
Bereavement Leave Policy
Full time employees will receive up to  days of bereavement leave with pay for  hours. Employees working in part time positions shall be eligible for bereavement leave equal to  part time days off with pay.
Nonexempt (Eligible for overtime)
24 hours on duty / 48 hours off duty
- Performs work in controlling and extinguishing fires.
- Performs first aid and emergency rescue and medical treatment at the emergency scene.
- Responds to and performs duties as assigned, at accidents. disasters. emergency rescues, searches, and any other emergency situation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age on or before test date
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- No Felony Convictions
- Must successfully complete the following:
- Written entry level test
- In-depth background investigations
- Physical agility test
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological examination and drug screen
- Medical examination and drug screen
- Oral interviews
Additional Benefits Available to Firefighters:
- State of Georgia Firefighters' Pension Fund
- Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services Death Benefit Fund
- Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services Flower Fund
- Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services Benevolent Fund