Judge Hugh Robinson graduated from State University of New York in 1959 with his B.S. in Marine Transportation and Economics. After graduating from college, Judge Robinson served on active duty in the U. S. Navy. He then went on to receive his LLB from St. John's University School of Law, New York in 1965. He served as a Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 1965 to 1969.
He served as an associate and then partner in the law firm of Green, Buckley, DeRiux, and Jones, Atlanta, Georgia from 1969-1976. Judge Robinson served on the United States Bankruptcy Court of the Northern District of Georgia from 1976-1999.
Since 1999, Judge Robinson has served Of Counsel with the law firm of Green, Buckley, Jones and McQueen, Atlanta, Georgia. He is a staff attorney for the Atlanta Legal Aid Society and has served as a part-time Magistrate Court judge since November, 2000.
He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Cobb County Bar Association.