The Erosion & Sediment Control Division is responsible for the enforcement of state law and the county ordinance for erosion & sediment control to preserve the natural resources in Cobb County.
Through inspections and training we assist residents and developers with:
- Erosion issues related to a building or Land Disturbance Permit. Please call our office at 770-528-2190.
- Trenching & Excavation Safety Course – A Short safety course designed to teach the Cobb County Rules and Regulations and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards.
In addition, we respond to resident's inquiries and complaints regarding:
- Best Management Practices (BMP’s) Required – Reference to Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Field Manual. Vegetative and Structural BMP’s.
- Building Lot Eroding – When sediment or silted water is leaving site with no preventive measures installed.
- Erosion Complaint (no drainage) – If soil is leaving residential building lot.
- Mud in Streets – If erosion is occurring in a public road or right of way.
- Silt Fence Down – Silt fence is down allowing erosion to leave site.
For commercial lots, please contact Development and Inspections at 770-528-2041.
Report Erosion Issues
This form is for residential sites only. Visit our Inspections Page for commercial construction sites.
To report an erosion control issue, use our general report form.
Reporting Erosion Issues to other Departments:
- Georgia Environmental Protection Division - Watershed Protection Branch
- Development & Inspections
- Keep Cobb Beautiful
- Cobb County Stormwater Management
- Georgia Soil and water Conservation Commission - SWCC
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources - DNR
Effective July 1, 2008 pursuant to Georgia law O.C.G.A. 43-41 Builders and General Contractors will be required to have a contractors license as issued by the State of Georgia Licensing Board in order to obtain construction permits in the State of Georgia. Some limited service and traditional specialty contractors are exempt from the licensing requirements.
For more information concerning licensing categories, requirements and exceptions please contact the State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors at 478-207-2440 or visit sos.ga.gov.