All special events permits must be filed 14 days prior to the event date.
Guidelines for all Walks / Runs / Parades
- Morning events must be off roadways by 10am
- No events Mon-Fri between 4pm - 7pm
- No events on Saturday evenings or Sundays
- All permit applications are subject to route approval by Police
- Do not advertise for event prior to approval
- All motorized vehicles must be in compliance
Organization Representatives are responsible for procuring and placement of required equipment: i.e. traffic cones, barricades, and signage. Runs require a minimum of 100 traffic cones per mile and a staff to place them.
The approval of a Special Event Permit is only permission to have an event; it is not the approval for the use of Cobb County manpower or equipment for the event. With few exceptions, Organization Representatives are required to make arrangements to have off-duty officers to provide event oversight, security and/or traffic management.
For more information: