I. Organization Name: Cobb Community Relations Council
II. Purpose of the Cobb Community Relations Council
- To promote better community relations between all residents;
- To promote greater acceptance of and respect for cultural diversity;
- To promote and ensure a high quality of life for all residents through community initiatives and by fostering open dialogue within the community and among neighbors, leaders and elected officials.
- To be done through the Creating Community Awards, the CCRC Website, study teams and other programs to be determined.
- Membership: Twenty-four (24) members of the Community Relations council shall be appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Each District Commissioner shall appoint three (3) members with the Chairman appointing six (6) members to assure diversity of membership. Further, each of the six (6) Mayors in Cobb County shall have one (1) appointment. Each member shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing Commissioner or Mayor. Members shall be appointed for a one year term with the initial appointment expiring December 31, each year. Upon an appointment to the CCRC, the official (Commissioner, Mayor) and/or the County Clerk should notify in writing the County Chair, the CCRC Chairman and CCRC Vice-Chairman of the appointment with the appointment’s contact information within 72 hours.
- Replacement of Members: the Chair shall notify (pursuant to the resolution) the Commissioner or Mayor of the non-attendance of three (3) unexcused missed meetings annually of the member and ask that another member be appointed within a month of notification; the Commissioner or Mayor will be asked to notify the Chair of the nomination; It is a requirement and a courtesy to notify the Chairman of CCRC in writing and/or call if missing a meeting, preferable before the meeting. Excused meetings are due to illness, family situation or work event.;
- Resignation: members who are resigning CCRC must notify in writing the Chairman and Vice-Chairman at least 2 months prior to resignation
- Dismissal: members may be dismissed for failure to perform the duties as listed in the Bylaws.
- Terms of officers: Chairman – 2 years; Vice-Chairman – 3 year 2 years, Secretary – 2 years, as terms expire, officers may seek re-election.
- Chairman: to conduct and plan meetings, to oversee all projects, to maintain communication with the members of the Council.
- Vice-Chairman: to fulfill the duties of the Chairman when needed; to serve as incoming Chair, pending re-nomination.
- Secretary: to take and keep minutes and records; to send notices; to call meetings when necessary.
- Election of Officers: the Chair will appoint a three (3) person nominating committee from members of the Council; determination will be done by a simple majority.
- Dismissal of Officers: officer(s) will be dismissed for non-attendance and for failure to perform the duties as listed in the Bylaws.
- Diversity Recognition Awards Committee
- Website Committee
Advisory Committee: We have the authority to create an advisory committee for various /special purposes as assigned. Members of this committee will be appointed by the Cobb Community Relations Committee.
Meetings: Each month on the third Monday meetings are held at the Cobb County Main Library in a community room.
Meeting absences: It is a requirement and a courtesy to notify the Chairman of CCRC in writing and/or call if missing a meeting, preferable before the meeting. Excused meetings are due to illness, family situation or work event.
VII Amendment of Bylaws
These Bylaws of CCRC may be repealed or amended, or new Bylaws may be adopted, by a two‑thirds (2/3) majority vote of the current Board at any regular meeting, or at any Special Meeting called for that purpose. Proposed changes shall be submitted to the membership in the call of the meeting.
Last update 1/12/15