The Cobb County Cemetery Preservation Commission Requirements:
- All adopting organizations must sign an Adopt-A-Cemetery Program Agreement.
- CCCPC will have final approval on all cemeteries adopted.
- Adopting organizations must perform a general restoration/clean-up once a month November through March and twice a month April through October.
- Option to renew agreement after one year.
I - The Cobb Cemetery Preservation Commission will furnish:
- Preliminary Procedures for Cleaning Non-Perpetual Cemeteries.
- Coordinate removal of litter bags and brush.
- Assistance as deemed necessary.
- Provide sign after first clean-up.
II - Adopting Organization:
- Participants must be at least 6 years of age.
- Commercial organizations cannot display any product I.D., address or phone number.
- All organizations must be approved for the Adopt-A-Cemetery Program.
- Must complete Adopt-A-Cemetery Status Report and forward to the CCCPC after each clean-up.
- If adopting organization fails to perform satisfactorily to Adopt-A-Cemetery Rules and Regulations, they will be removed from the program.
III - Safety:
- CCCPC will advise and assist with safety as deemed necessary.
The adopting organization will:
- Car-pool to cemeteries if possible to keep vehicles to a minimum.
- Park vehicles clear of roadway.
- Keep work groups to a manageable size.
- Provide close supervision of youth groups.
- Do not remove any hazardous material.
- Stay clear of construction areas.
- Hold safety meeting with group prior to clean-up.
- Do not clean-up during inclement weather or hours of darkness.
- Be aware of possible contact with poisonous plants, stinging insects, fireants and snakes.
- Consider all known allergies before participants are allowed to take part in clean-up.
- Be aware that alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Know you are working in a possible hazardous environment and act accordingly.