The Georgia Environmental Protection Division has issued watering restrictions due to drought conditions.
Outdoor irrigation is permitted twice a week on the odd/even schedule. Even and unnumbered addresses may water on Wednesdays and Saturdays before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. Odd addresses may water on Thursdays and Sundays before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. Cobb County encourages citizens to practice water conservation.
• Washing of hard surfaces (streets, gutters, sidewalks and driveways)
• Ornamental uses, such as fountains and waterfalls
• Washing vehicles (cars, boats, etc.) at home
• Non-commercial washing or pressure washing
• Charity, or non-commercial fund-raisers or car washes
Allowed anytime - no time of day restrictions:
• Irrigation of personal food gardens
• Irrigation of new and replanted seed or turf in landscapes for a period of 30 days following installation
• Watering with drip irrigation or soaker hoses,
• Hand watering with a hose with shut-off nozzles or watering can, bucket or milk jug
• Use of water withdrawn from private water well, creek, pond or lake on your property.
For more information visit www.cobbwater.org.