The Cobb County Board of Commissioners voted to authorize two new transit routes for the CobbLinc Cumberland Circulator beginning in March 2017. These routes are critical for managing congestion and facilitating economic development in the area. The new routes will provide transit options for the business community during the week and SunTrust visitors for Braves home games.
Core Cumberland Circulator route
- Proposed clockwise route operates in a continuous loop from the Cumberland Transit Center via Cumberland Boulevard, Cobb Parkway, Akers Mill Road, Galleria Drive, Professional Parkway, Cobb Parkway (to be potentially replaced by a future pedestrian/transit bridge across I-285), Circle 75 Parkway, Heritage Court, Windy Ridge Parkway, Interstate North Parkway (to Marriott and back, continuing south), Cumberland Boulevard, Akers Mill Road and Cumberland Boulevard, turning around at Cumberland Mall to return to the Cumberland Transit Center. Counterclockwise route is proposed to operate in the reverse direction of the proposed clockwise route.
- Proposed Core Route Service Span and Frequency:
- Weekdays 6 - 9 a.m. – 30 minutes each direction
- Weekdays 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. – 15 minutes each direction
- Weekdays 4 - 7 p.m. – 30 minutes each direction
- Weekdays 7 - 11 p.m. – 30 minutes each direction
- Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. – 30 minutes each direction
- Sundays 9:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. – 30 minutes each direction (Sunday service contingent upon implementation of broader CobbLinc Sunday service)
South Cumberland Circulator route
- Proposed southbound route operates from the Cumberland Transit southbound on Cumberland Parkway, Paces Ferry Road, Spring Hill Parkway and into the Home Depot campus. Northbound service operates via Skyline Trail, Paces Ferry Road, Cumberland Parkway and Cumberland Boulevard to the Cumberland Transit Center.
- Proposed South Route Service Span and Frequency:
- Weekdays 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. – 30 minutes each direction