Cobb County Government


Cobb Storm Debris Removal Policy: Cobb County crews cannot remove tree or landscaping debris that occurred on private property. The removal of this debris is the responsibility of the property owner.

Cobb County DOT crews are still working to clear roadways and right of way of debris mostly caused by falling trees during the recent snow storm. Crews will only clear the debris affecting county roads or property. Property owners are asked to call their private disposal company or tree service to have debris removed if necessary.

Be Prepared for Winter Weather


Do I need a permit for conducting activities in the street such as lane closure or road closures for construction-related activities?

Yes. These requests are reviewed by Traffic Operations and must be approved for any activity that would impact traffic flow. If approved, all related traffic control must comply with Cobb County standards and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).

Please use the linked application for a Temporary Lane Closure Permit, and email or call to request a temporary road closure permit at  or 770-528-3666.