Cobb County International Airport - McCollum Field is a major general aviation reliever airport for Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
Located only 20 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta, it is convenient to most business and tourist destinations in the region. The Airport offers first -class service to both business and pleasure aircraft through its full-service FBO. Pilots will find the longest general aviation runway in the metro Atlanta area at 6,305' long, recently reconstructed with concrete.
A full ILS and new High Intensity Runway Lights will assist the pilot in locating the runway in marginal weather conditions.
Aviation Division Facts:
- Runway 9-27 6,305' x 100' concrete
- Control Tower (0700-2300 local)
- ILS Runway 27 (200'-3/4 mile)
- 300 aircraft based at airport
- Executive Fixed-Base Operator
- Rental Cars Available
- Over 500,000 sq. ft. of hangar space