Statistics show that one in six seniors struggle with hunger. Do you know someone who needs help? The Meals on Wheels program strives to promote better health for older adults in Cobb by providing nutritious meals. The program helps keep seniors independent in their homes. Studies show that 84 percent of seniors say it helps them eat better, 92 percent say it helps enable them to remain living at home and 87 percent say it makes them feel more safe and secure.
- Must be a Cobb County resident
- Must be 60 years old or older
- Must be unable to prepare a balanced meal because of physical, mental or emotional limitations
- Must complete an assessment by calling 770-528-5364
- Cost of program determined on a sliding scale fee
If you are interested in helping positively-impact the lives of our seniors by being a Meals on Wheels volunteer, call 770-528-5381. For more information on the program, call 770-528-5364.