Cobb residents showed overwhelming support this past winter during the Cobb Police Department's "Giving the Gift of Warmth" coat drive. The Community Affairs Unit is calling everyone to rally for another great cause -- Book Bag-Palooza, which is an effort to gather as many book bags and school supplies as possible. Donations will be distributed to county students in need at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year, which is only two months away.
Donations can include new book bags, paper, folders, pencils, crayons, glue sticks and markers. Any items that a student, from elementary to high school, would need to start the school year out prepared and ready to learn. Donations can be dropped off from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) at any of the Cobb precincts:
- Precinct 1: 2380 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw
- Precinct 2: 4700 Austell Road, Austell
- Precinct 3: 1901 Cumberland Parkway, Atlanta
- Precinct 4: 4400 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta
- Precinct 5: 4640 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs
- Headquarters: 140 North Marietta Parkway, Marietta
If a business or club collects a large amount of school items, one of the Community Affairs' officers will be happy to arrange pick up. For more information, call Sgt. Jeff Tatroe at 770-499-3981.