Our Mission Statement:
The Water System, as an agency of Cobb County Government, is a utility operation responsible for water distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, and stormwater management services.
Stormwater Management Goals and Objectives:
• To continuously update the limits, magnitude and frequency of the 100-year frequency flood hazard in the County; to determine the extent that flood hazards areas have been augmented by human activity (i.e. dams and urbanization); to exclude future development from these areas; and to publicly own, preserve and reclaim major floodplains as natural flood storage areas to the maximum extent practicable.
• To comply with federal and state mandates regarding clean water laws and regulations; to monitor a wide spectrum of non-point source pollutants within the major streams in Cobb County; to implement plans to improve the aquatic habitat and quality of streams; and to monitor the biological diversity of our stream as an indicator of the long-term water quality health of our major streams.
• To maintain stormwater infrastructure dedicated to and accepted by Cobb County for perpetual maintenance according to our current County Code.
- Below are links to the USGS website & NWISWeb mapper program that display streamflows around Cobb County in real time:
- Click here to view streamflow monitoring gages
- Click here to view a tabular list of the stream sites
- Click here to view stream sites via webcams
- Click here to send up for text or email for WaterAlert
- Click here to sign up for text or email for current-conditions water data