Outdoor Watering Restrictions
Current Outdoor Watering Rules
On September 7, 2017, The Director of Georgia Environmental Protection Division reduced the Drought Response Level from Level 2 to Level 1. Outdoor irrigation is permitted 7 days a week before 10AM and after 4PM.
For more information or further clarification please review the frequently asked questions.
We encourage customers to conserve our water resources. Information on indoor and outdoor water conservation can be found on the Water Efficiency Program pages. Cobb County Water System has free conservation kits and comprehensive education resources on how to use water efficiently indoors and outdoors.
Water Waste Reporting
We hope all citizens follow the watering schedule currently in place allowing irrigation daily between 4PM-10AM. Cobb County Water System also wants to encourage citizens to utilize that water efficiently and alert us to water waste.
Examples of Water Waste
We hope all citizens follow the watering schedule currently in place during the Level 2 Drought Response. Cobb County Water System also wants to encourage citizens to utilize that water efficiently and alert us to water waste.
- Examples of Water Waste
• Visible leak running without repair
• Allowing a hose to run unattended without a shutoff nozzle
• Misdirected sprinklers watering pavement and impermeable objects
• Broken or missing sprinkler heads causing excessive runoff
Water waste and violations of current watering restrictions are subject to the following penalties.
- First violation – written warning
- Second Violation - $100.00 fine
- Third Violation - $250.00 fine
- Fourth and subsequent violations - $500.00 and possible service disconnection
Thank you for your community support and cooperation as we promote continued wise and conservative water use.