Green Meadows Preserve
The 112 acre park is located on the northwest corner of Dallas Highway and Old Hamilton Road, diagonally across from The Avenue West Cobb. Green Meadows Preserve offers quiet woodlands and meadows ideal for walking, picnics, kite flying, as well as exploring plants, birds, and flowers. Features include a historical garden around the Civil War Era house, Native American Garden with medicinal plants and herbs, a community garden with garden plots for lease to the public, and 25 bluebird houses featured in bluebird walks hosted by a member of the Friends of Green Meadows.
For more information on the bluebird trail and walks contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The park is not developed at this time. There are no facilities, pavilions, etc. for patrons. It is simply a beautiful place to walk and enjoy nature. There will be amenities added with the 2016 SPLOST funding.
Cobb County Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs has completed the master planning process for the Green Meadows Preserve (formerly Bullard-Stockton Property), located in west Cobb at Dallas Highway and Old Hamilton Road.
View Master Plan here (updated 9-22-09)
Formerly known as the Bullard-Stockton property, the 112 acre Green Meadows Preserve was purchased by Cobb County in 2008 with funds from the 2006 Parks Bond Referendum. The Bullard family bought and farmed the property until the late 1900’s. Originally it was part of a 400 acre plantation owned by William and Piety Green. The site saw action in the Civil War Civil War. The National Trail of Tears Association has designated Green Meadows as a historical and educational Interpretive Site on the Trail of Tears Historic National Trail.
For information about the park and future plans, see the 'Friends of Green Meadows' website – www.greenmeadowspreserve.org.
To view the trail system throughout the park, download the trail map here.
John Purcell – (770) 528-8825
Kevin Hill – (770) 528-8829
PARKS Main Office – (770) 528-8800