RUN, HIDE, FIGHT
RUN When an active shooter is in your vicinity:
- If there is an escape path, attempt to evacuate.
- Evacuate whether others agree to or not.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Help others escape if possible.
- Prevent others from entering the area.
- Call 9-1-1 when you are at a safe distance.
HIDE If an evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide:
- Lock and/or blockade the door.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Hide behind or under large objects staying low to the floor.
- Turn off the lights, close the blinds.
- Do not go to a Shelter-In-Place site.
- Remain very quiet.
- Call 911 as soon as safely possible.
FIGHT As a last resort, and only if your life is in danger:
- Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
- Act with physical aggression.
- Improvise weapons.
- Commit to your actions
9-1-1 When law enforcement arrives:
- Remain calm and do exactly as the police direct you to do.
- Keep your hands empty and visible at all times.
- Do not get in the officers way.
- First arriving officers will not stop to assist the injured or evacuate personnel.