Cobb County Government

What can I do if my family member/friend who is on probation is in custody?

Contact his/her Probation Officer by coming to the probation office. Let the Probation Officer know where he/she is in custody and for what reason. If you have the paperwork from the arrest, provide this documentation to the Probation Officer. If your family member/friend has completed conditions of his/her probation, bring the documentation to the Probation Officer. The Probation Officer will not be able to discuss the defendant’s case with you because of Georgia State Law O.C.G.A. § 42-8-106 ), however; they will do their best to answer any questions that you have.