Cobb County Government

Personal Care & Group Homes

All persons providing personal care assistance on residential-zoned property must have a Cobb County Occupation Tax Certificate. Persons caring for two or more unrelated people must also obtain a license through the Georgia Community Health Department 404-656-4507. Applicants must meet the group home ordinance requirements with Code Enforcement prior to zoning approval. View the group home codes and checklist. [LINK] Group homes and personal care homes must also be approved by the zoning division prior to the issuance of an Occupation Tax Certificate. Personal care homes and group home providers must contact the Cobb County Fire Marshall to file an application for inspection and to receive a Certificate of Occupancy (CO). The CO must be obtained prior to the opening of business.