The School Campus Beautification Program for the Cobb County School District is operated via a partnership between the Cobb Trees Program and the GA Forestry Commission. Its purpose is to provide an environmentally friendly place for educators to teach and students to work and play. Trees play a vital role on our school campuses.
Trees are beneficial to your child’s campus because:
- Trees diminish dust in the air which subsequently decreases asthmatic conditions
- Provides shade which decreases UV rays absorbed by children, faculty, and staff
- Reduces energy use to keep the facilities cool
- Protects and prevents playground equipment from reaching dangerous temperatures
- Tree roots help control soil compaction and erosion
- Reduces the temperature of the school grounds overall